Join a CPA that
Puts Relationships First
Interested in Working With
We’d love to have a discussion about how your skills can help us build strong client relationships.
At Grimsley & Company, we are always looking for talented teammates who want to make a difference for clients while enjoying a flexible work environment. When you work with us you’ll get:
Live healthily with a
policy 100% paid by
Grimsley & Co.
Vision and Dental Insurance
The care you need 100% paid by Grimsley & Co.
of protection for
Invest in your future
with 401k contributions
including a 4% match
Enjoy time off when
you need it
Remote work and
office closures during
Summer and Winter
Browse Our Job Openings
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Dept or Location: Tax Dept.
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Full-time or Part-time: Full
Hourly or Salary: Salary
This position is a professional role that has direct and indirect interface with clients. It is responsible for various aspects of accounting and tax related activities for clients of the firm. Additionally, the position will engage in business consulting with assigned clients, as needed. The incumbent should have strong interpersonal relationship skills, and the ability to communicate well in writing and verbal communication. This position requires effective and efficient time management, prioritization, and organizational experience. Additionally, this individual must be team oriented and can communicate with a variety of personalities within the client base and the other personnel. It is necessary that this position stay informed of tax law implications that impact assigned clients. This position is best suited for an individual that is detail oriented and enjoys a variety of functions.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, or higher, in accounting.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Minimum of five years tax experience preferred.
- QuickBooks, Excel, or other accounting software experience is necessary.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with other personnel.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are needed.
- Review and preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, trust, and other tax returns.
- Perform tax research routinely.
- Comprehend the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA, FICPA and the Florida Board of Accountancy.
- Preparation of payroll and payroll tax returns.
- Prepare Sales Tax calculations.
- Perform attest and non-attest services as needed.
- Provide business consulting to clients.
- Work independently on special projects with minimal direction.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including a computer, printer, calculator, telephone, etc.
- Tasks may require extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds.
This position reports directly to the Tax Manager and the lead CPA of various projects.